Darco Puzzle Pressure Relief Insole for Post-Op Shoes
Offering effective plantar pressure relief and post-operative care, the Darco Puzzle Pressure Relief Insole for Post-Op Shoes is a top choice recovery tool for acute procedures. The insole can be adapted for targeted support, with three adjustable puzzle pieces on the sole. This insole fits in either the left shoe or the right shoe for optimal convenience, and is compatible with various post-operative/injury recovery boots.
- 1 x Single Shoe Insole, consisting of:
- 1 x Black High-Density Module
- 1 x Blue Soft Density Module
Which Size of Insole Is Right for Me?
The Darco Puzzle Insole is available in a range of size, and is designed to be suitable for both the right and the left foot. The insole size that you choose should be determined by your UK shoe size. To discover the right insole sizing option for you, check out the below sizing table.
|Insole Size ||UK Shoe Size ||EU Shoe Size |
|Women's Small ||Sizes 2 - 3.5 ||Sizes 34 - 36.5 |
|Women's Medium ||Sizes 4 - 5.5 ||Sizes 37 - 38.5 |
|Women's Large ||Sizes 6 - 7.5 ||Sizes 39 - 41 |
|Men's Small ||Sizes 6 - 7.5 ||Sizes 39 - 41 |
|Men's Medium ||Sizes 8 - 9 ||Sizes 41.5 - 43 |
|Men's Large ||Sizes 9.5 - 10.5 ||Sizes 43.5 - 45 |
|Men's Extra Large ||Sizes 11 - 12 ||Sizes 45.5 - 47 |
Please Note: These insoles are designed specifically for use with post-operative shoes, and will not fit into your regular, everyday shoes.
Who Can Benefit from Using the Darco Puzzle Insole?
Pedag's Darco Puzzle insole is designed to aid effective pressure relief and redistribution across the foot. It is an ideal post-operative shoe insole, with a wide range of useful applications. These include:
- Tailor's bunions
- Jones fracture
- Post-surgical support, following:
- Weil/Helal osteotomy
- Proximal interphalangeal (PIP) arthrodesis
- Hammertoe and tailor's bunion corrections
- Morton's neuroma
- Plantar fasciitis
Please Note: This insole is not suitable for use on open fractures.
How Do The Puzzle Insoles Function?
These Puzzle Insole For Post-Op Shoes is designed to be fully adaptable so that they can cater to various needs. The black module is designed to fit into the post-op shoe, while the blue modules offer the 'puzzle pieces' for pressure redistribution.
You can adapt your insole by adding the blue puzzle pieces to the black insole (as seen below). The various replaceable modules help to focus pressure relief onto the specific areas of the foot that need it:
- Small toe module (narrow): suitable for use with tailor's bunions and jones fractures.
- Middle module: ideal for morton's neuroma, hammertoe and claw-toe corrections, metatarsal bone fractures, procedures PIP arthrodesis, and Weil / Helal osteotomy procedures
- Large toe module (wide): facilitates healing from osteotomy (austin, scarf, akin, youngswick etc), and arthrodesis (lapidus, MTP joint and base joint of the larger toe) procedures
Instructions for Use
To adapt the modules of this insole, follow the below instructions:
- Remove the required black module that you are going to replace
- Insert a blue module into the now empty slot
- Remove the original sole from your post-operative shoe
- Insert the adjusted Puzzle Insole into your post-op shoe
This insole must be complete, with all four parts together, before use. DO NOT use this insole with pieces missing.
Key Features and Benefits
- Shoe insole to fit in post-op shoes
- Suitable for use during recovery from forefoot and midfoot operations
- Supplied with a black support model and blue sole module
- Designed for effective plantar pressure redistribution, selective offloading, and recovery from acute treatments
- Additional pressure relief of up to 22% in the front provided by wedge-shaped sole
- Constructed with three removeable parts which can be adapted for targeted support
- Shock-absorbent design enhances user comfort
- Suitable for use with either right or left foot
- Includes a black high-density EVA-sole and blue lower-density sole
- Available in a range of sizes so that you can find the best fit for you
Which Shoes Can I Use This Pressure Insole With?
This shoe insole is designed to work with a range of shoes and boots. They are also compatible with various Darco post-operative shoes to help facilitate recovery and enhance comfort. This includes:
- EVA Foam
- Black Component: High-Density Foam
- Blue Component: Low-Density Foam
How Should I Clean These Pedag Insoles?
The Pedag Puzzle Insoles can be cleaned with warm water and soap, or with conventional disinfectants.