Darco MedSurg Shoe
The Darco MedSurg Shoe is the biggest improvement in post-operative protection since the introduction of the original semi-rigid post-op shoe in 1985. It is one of the most versatile shoes of its kind available on the market, with an ability to accommodate large bandages or dressings while providing the foot with solid protection. Perfect after foot surgery or for when K-wires are present, this advanced shoe features a square-toe design that provides additional protection for the toes.
Who Can Benefit From the Darco MedSurg Shoe?
The MedSurg shoe is fully compatible with the Darco Peg Assist Insole, meaning it can be used to offload pressure on specific areas of the foot, aiding successful healing of wounds and ulcerations. The F-Scan image below demonstrates the progressive reduction in pressure to the foot that can result from the combined use of these products.
The MedSurg Shoe can be used to alleviate a number of conditions:
- Circulatory problems
- Individuals who have recently undergone surgery on their foot
- When K-wires are present
- As a platform for the Peg-Assist insole when off-loading wounds
Features and Benefits of the Darco MedSurg Shoe
- Square toe design acts as a bumper to provide additional protection when K-wires are present
- Rocker sole reduces plantar pressure on the forefoot and heel by over 25%
- Zoned outsole provides traction under the midfoot
- The strapless forefoot closure eliminates buckle pressure on the foot
- Can expand to accommodate dressings with a circumference up to 43.2cm
- MetaShank protection provides more rigid control under the metatarsal heads
- Removable insoles with over twice the padding make this shoe fully customisable
- Fully compatible with the Darco Peg Assist Insole
Comfort and Protection
The excellent pressure relief qualities that this shoe can provide makes it an extremely comfortable and forgiving post-surgery aid. While the Rocker Sole reduces pressure on the heel and forefoot, the MetaShank protection allows for a high level of rigid control over the metatarsal heads. To ensure a perfect fit, the strapless closure can expand to 43.2cm (17") in circumference while eliminating buckle pressure on the forefoot.
Sizing of the Darco MedSurg Shoe
The Darco MedSurg shoe is sold as a single shoe with a universal left or right fit. Please consult the table below before selecting the relevant size from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
|Relief Contour Insole Size ||UK Shoe Size ||EU Shoe Size |
|Women's Small ||Sizes 2 - 3.5 ||Sizes 34 - 36.5 |
|Women's Medium ||Sizes 4 - 5.5 ||Sizes 37 - 38.5 |
|Women's Large ||Sizes 6 - 7.5 ||Sizes 39 - 41 |
|Men's Small ||Sizes 6 - 7.5 ||Sizes 39 - 41 |
|Men's Medium ||Sizes 8 - 9 ||Sizes 41.5 - 43 |
|Men's Large ||Sizes 9.5 - 10.5 ||Sizes 43.5 - 45 |
|Men's Extra Large ||Sizes 11 - 12 ||Sizes 45.5 - 47 |