Darco Peg Assist Insole
When you have a wound on your foot or you've recently undergone surgery, it can be painful to take steps with the affected limb. In such cases, you should try to keep all weight off your foot. The Darco Peg Assist Insole enables patients to off-load pressure at precise points on the foot. This is ideal for offloading pressure from wounds and ulcerations of the foot.
Who Can Benefit from the Peg Assist Insole?
The Peg Assist Insole system features a multi-indication removable-peg chassis that effectively off-loads the plantar aspect of the foot after surgery or when wounds are present. As such, the insole is ideal for the following conditions:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Tailor's bunions
- Foot calluses
- Hallux valgus
Features and Benefits of the Darco Peg Assist Insole
- Multi-indication removable-peg chassis
- Effectively off-loads plantar aspect of foot after surgery or when wounds are present
- Creates cost-effective option for wound care
- Significantly reduces pressure after an operation
- Turns most standard walkers into effective off-loading device
- Removable pegs allow for localised off-loading of wounds and ulceration of the foot
- Pressure reduced by as much as 60%
- Allows patient to remain ambulatory
Helps You Remain Ambulatory
Reducing the pressure by as much as 60%, the Peg Assist allows you to remain ambulatory so you don't have to put your life on hold. The insole allows you to remove individual pegs at precise points of the foot to significantly reduce the pressure. This enables you to alter your treatment according to where the pain is localised.
The Peg Assist Insole is constructed from:
- Poron 3mm Cover (blue layer)
- Layer of Plastazote (skin tone layer)
- EVA Plantar Pegs (black layer)
- Stabiliser Board (bottom skin tone layer)
Below are two images, with the image on the left being the pressure on your foot when you use a standard surgical shoe. The image on the right is the built up pressure obtained when you use Darco's Peg Assist Insole. With the insole, there is a focal pressure reduction of 60% under the first metatarsophalangeal joint which is achieved by removing the pegs beneath the area marked by the red circle.
Sizing of the Darco Peg Assist Insole
The Peg Assist Insole is available in five different sizes, corresponding to the same sizes in the Darco post-operative shoes. Please select the size that matches your shoe.
|Insole Size ||UK Shoe Size |
|Extra Small ||Size 3 - 4.5 |
|Small ||Size 5 - 6.5 |
|Medium ||Size 7 - 8 |
|Large ||Size 8.5 - 10 |
|Extra Large ||Size 10.5 - 12 |
Darco Peg Assist Product Video
For a video demonstrating proper usage of the Darco Peg Assist Insole, please refer to the video below.