Swiss File Stainless-Steel Foot File
Keep your feet feeling smooth and healthy with the Swiss File Stainless-Steel Foot File. This reusable foot sander is suitable for domestic and professional podiatrist usage, and offers a more eco-friendly alternative to disposable options, and is a great way to manage things like dry skin and calluses. With its fully autoclavable and reusable-pad design, ensuring hygienic usage is a piece of cake.
- 1 x Stainless Steel Foot File
Please note: this Stainless Steel Foot File is intended to be used with abrasive pads (100 grain or 220 grain), which are sold separately
Who Can Benefit From Using the Swiss Foot File?
This high-quality, stainless-steel foot file is the perfect choice for both domestic and professional usage. It is designed to aid with managing dead skin, cracked heels, and helping to avoid corns or calluses by keeping your feet healthy and smooth.
Using a foot sander, or foot file, regularly can also help to improve blood circulation and reduce built up moisture to help to prevent fungal infections.
Key Features and Benefits
- Reusable foot file for both professional and home use
- Fully reusable handle and space for abrasive pads makes this file more environmentally friendly than disposable options
- Optimal hygiene maintenance thanks to fully autoclavable stainless steel design
- Re-usable abrasive pads minimise need for laborious hand-cleaning between uses (not included)
- Spare abrasive pads with various grain grades available to purchase separately
- Stainless-steel design offers durability for prolonged usage
Replaceable Abrasives For the Swiss File Foot Sander
The Swiss File foot sander has been designed for easy hygiene maintenance. The unit is designed to work with replaceable adhesives, or 'filers', that can be changed out after each use. While it is still important to regularly clean the stainless-steel material of the file, hygiene maintenance requires much less effort when using replaceable pads.
It is possible to buy replacement pads in the following grains:
Please Note: Each of these additional pad sets are supplied with 80x replaceable abrasive pads.
How To Use this Reusable Foot File
Before you begin with your stainless-steel foot file, it is important to ensure that the unit is thoroughly clean. Once you are sure your file is free from harmful germs and bacteria, follow the below instructions:
- Prepare your abrasive pad by removing the protective film
- Stick the abrasive pad onto the flat surface of the file
- Use the side of the foot-sander with the abrasive pad stuck onto it to file calloused, dry, or hard skin on the feet
- Once the skin has been filed, remove and dispose of the abrasive pad, and thoroughly clean your steel filing unit
For a visual demonstration of how this foot file works, see the video below:
How To Clean the Steel Foot File
This stainless-steel foot file is fully autoclavable for optimal hygiene maintenance. Using an autoclave, you can ensure the successful eradication of any germs or bacteria left on the surface of the material to significantly reduce contamination risks and ensure hygienic usage. This is especially useful in clinical podiatry settings, where the same file may come into contact with multiple sets of feet.
It's important to ensure that this file is thoroughly cleaned after every use, especially if it is being used for multiple people. For a quicker but still effective clean, stainless-steel materials can be sanitised using hot water and a detergent.