IOMI FootNurse Black Ladies Flight Socks (1 Pair)
Flight Socks are invaluable for people who experience swelling of the legs, feet and toes. While this symptom most obviously comes from flying, it also affects pregnant people, as well as sufferers of deep vein thrombosis, lymphedema and a number of other health conditions. Made from top quality compressive materials to contort around the leg, the IOMI FootNurse Black Ladies Flight Socks (1 Pair) reduce pain and pressure whether you're on land or mid-air.
- 1 x Pairs of Compression Socks
Sizing of the IOMI FootNurse Ladies Socks
To see whether these socks will fit, check out the shoe sizes they are designed to fit down below:
- UK Shoe Size: 4 - 7
- EU Shoe Size: 37 - 40
- US Shoe Size: 5 - 8
What is Deep Vein Thrombosis?
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot that occurs in a deep vein, typically the leg. Long periods of inactivity or unnatural conditions, such as cramped aircrafts and other extended forms of travel can disrupt the normal blood cycle usually assisted by the movements of everyday living.
How Do Travel Socks Help With Deep Vein Thrombosis?
Graduated compression socks have greater compression forces at the foot than higher up the leg. This hep to maintain regular blood flow back up the legs and into the heart, cutting the risk of blood clots significantly. Travel socks can also help prevent swollen ankles and tired, aching legs also associated with extended travel.
Key Features and Benefits
Designed to alleviate symptoms of swelling arising from various health conditions and symptoms, these socks have a wide variety of benefits:
- Compressing design significantly reduces the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Comfortable and soothing materials are ideal for use in flight and other forms of extended travel
- Graduated compression design maintains regular blood flow back up the legs around the rest of the body
- Forty dernier opacity for a stylish, conventional styled sock
- Relieves poor circulation, tired aching legs and swollen feet and ankles when travelling
- Compression factor of 18mmHg for intensive relief while travelling
- Laboratory tested in the UK and have conformed to the BS6612:1985 British standard
- Registered with the medicines and healthcare products UK regulatory agency
- Class 1 medical device certification for effective, trustworthy relief
Who Can Use the IOMI FootNurse Flight Socks?
These socks are ideal for adults suffering with swollen legs and feet. As a result, we recommend them for symptom management of the following conditions:
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Fluid retention
- Congestive heart failure
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
What Causes Foot and Ankle Swelling?
Many medicines and conditions can cause swelling (oedema) in the ankles and feet, which can be worsened on long journeys. Some examples of this may include:
- Blood pressure medicines such as calcium blockers
- Hormones such as estrogen and female contraceptive pills
- Testosterone injections or medications
Who is Most at Risk of Developing DVT?
DVT is a common but uncomfortable condition. Those at highest risk of developing DVT symptoms are:
- People aged over 40
- Obese people
- Long distance travel
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prolonged bed rest and immobility
Which Shoes Are IOMI FootNurse Socks Suitable For?
The IOMI Socks are designed to fit in a wide selection of everyday shoes, including:
- Sports Shoes
- Work Shoes
- High Top Sneakers
- Ankle Boots
- Any other low top shoes!
Where Can IOMI FootNurse Extra Wide Socks Be Worn?
Designed for use while travelling, these socks can be worn in a number of different conditions:
- On trains
- In the car
- Just about any method of transport!
Preventative Measures for Travellers
There are a number of ways you can prevent DVT from occurring if you are a frequent traveller:
- Wearing graduated compression stockings
- Exercising the legs by pulling the toes towards the knees, then relaxing
- Wearing loose-fitting clothing
- Staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water
- Take occasional short walks whenever possible
Where Else Can I Use the IOMI FootNurse Extra Wide Socks?
These socks can be used by adult women experiencing swollen feet and legs. Using soft, comforting materials, these socks can be worn in bed for people needing relief at night.
How To Care for Your IOMI FootNurse Flight Socks
To make the most of your IOMI FootNurse Socks simply machine wash at 40°C. Wash darks and lights separately, and do not tumble dry.
These socks are made up of high quality materials to compress swollen areas while staying breathable and comfy: