Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace
If you have poor foot alignment, this in turn can cause stress on your ankles, leading to pain and potential injury. Offering support in addition to pain relieving compression, the Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace can help stabilise your ankle while improving your foot posture. As a result, regularly wearing the brace can yield long term benefits for you overall posture and comfort.
Which Size Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace Is Right for Me?
The Aircast AirSport Support is available in five different sizes. To find the right size for your ankle, simply take your UK shoe size and match it against the sizing chart below.
|UK Male Shoe Size
|UK Female Shoe Size
|Under Size 4
|Under Size 3
|Size 4 - 6.5
|Size 4.5 - 7.5
|Size 7.5 - 10.5
|Size 8.5 - 10
|Sizes 11.5 - 13.5
|Over Size 14.5
What If I Fall Between Sizes?
If your shoe size means you fall between brace sizes, it is likely that braces on either side of the sizing boundary will fit you.
- For the most comfortable fit, select the larger of the two available sizes
- If however, swelling is a concern, we recommend selecting the larger of the two sizes
How to Correctly Fit Your Aircast Airsport Ankle Brace
The Aircast Ankle Brace is designed for easy application. To get yours on quickly and correctly, please view the images and instructions below:
- Unfasten the straps and open the brace, placing your foot inside whilst adjusting each side against your ankle
- Wrap the Achilles strap around the back of the ankle and secure in place
- Pull the larger "ATF cross-strap" around the back of the brace and secure against the ankle
- Adjust the position of the brace and put on your shoes, adjusting both straps until comfortable
Visual Application Guide
If you're after a visual demonstration of how easy it is to put your Aircast Airsport Brace on, please take a look at the video below for a hands-on demonstration:
Features and Benefits of the Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace
- Features foam-filled aircells to cushion and support the ankle
- Semi-rigid encased shell offers proven support
- Designed with coated fabric for added durability
- Made with an anterior talofibular cross strap for stabilisation
- Crafted with integrated forefoot and shin wraps for support
- Automatic heel width adjustment allows for easy application
How Does the Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace Help Following An Injury?
If you've suffered an injury and you're almost, but not quite, ready to begin exercising again, then the AirSport Ankle Brace can provide you with ongoing comfort and support to help you through your recovery. The following features and benefits help to support and protect your ankle while it heals:
- ATF Cross Strap: The ATF cross strap provides compression to relieve pain and stabilisation to prevent further injury
- Foam-Filled Aircells: Foam-filled aircell technology is specially designed to reduce swelling
- Forefoot and Shin Wraps: The integral forefoot and shin wraps provide additional compression and stabilisation for pain relief and support
- Semi-Rigid Shell: The semi-rigid shell supports and protects the ankle from inversion and eversion, helping to keep your ankle protected while it continues to heal
- Step-In Design: The 'step-in' design, allowing you to step in, strap up, and go about your day, allows you to wear the brace with ease, ideal for quick and effective use
For Which Conditions Is the Aircast AirSport Brace Suitable?
The Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace is suitable for a range of conditions that can cause pain, discomfort, and swelling of the ankle. Suitable conditions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Acute ankle distortion
- Chronic ankle instability
- Inversion/Eversion Prevention
- Ligament lesion
- Mild ankle sprains
- Rigid Stabilisation
- Post-operative applications
If you are unsure about whether or not the AirSport Ankle Brace is suitable for your condition, we would advise that you speak to your doctor or another medical professional. They will be able to advise whether or not this is the right brace for your own needs.
Which Sports Can I Play While Wearing the AirSport Brace?
As the AirSport Ankle Brace is ideal for helping you to get back on your feet when your ankle injury is healing nicely, it is ideal for wearing during a range of sports and activities. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Daily activities
This is not an exhaustive list of suitable activities. If you are unsure about whether or not the AirSport Ankle Brace is suitable for your activities of choice, we would advise that you speak to your doctor or another medical professional.
For Which Ankle Sprain Grades Is the AirSport Ankle Brace?
Ankle sprains can differ in severity, and are generally categorised into one of three grades. The Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace is suitable for ankle sprain grades one and two, which can be identified as follows:
- Ankle Sprain Grade 1: Sore ankle with slight swelling; your ligament may be overstretched
- Ankle Sprain Grade 2: Prolonged pain and swelling; unable to bear weight on your injured ankle; some bruising from a partial ligament tear
If you feel you are suffering from one of the more severe ankle sprain grades, we would recommend you consult a doctor for advice. They will be able to provide you with the best plan for getting you back on your feet.
Can I Continue to Wear the Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace After the Sprain Has Healed?
The Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace is designed to be worn once your injury has already started to heal, helping you to get back on your feet. If you would like to continue to support your ankle once the injury has fully healed, we recommend the Aircast A60 Ankle Support. This will help to prevent further injury to your ankle once you're fully recovered.
What If My Aircast AirSport Feels Tight?
If you have correctly followed our sizing guidance and fitting instructions, you should find that your AirSport Ankle Brace fits snugly around the ankle, providing support and stability without intruding on your instep or running motion. If your brace feels tight, simply adjust the ATF and Achilles straps located at the back of the brace, as shown in the image below:
Does the Ankle AirSport Brace Help With Ankle Rolling?
The AirSport is designed to bolster and enhance the strength of your ankle which maximises stability, preventing your ankle rolling when you run on hard and soft surfaces. Fitting inside a range of different styles of footwear, the AirSport keeps the ankle upright and in place inside your shoe, preventing rolling and instability at the ankle.
Please view the image to see how what the AirSport can do to provide a strong and stable base to prevent rolling of the ankle:
Can I Wear the Aircast AirSport Brace On Either Foot?
The universal nature of the Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace means that it can be worn on either foot. This way it can be worn again at a later date should you receive an injury on either ankle.
Should Socks Be Worn with the AirSport Ankle Brace?
It is advised that a sock is worn underneath the AirSport Ankle Brace. This helps to ensure optimal comfort, protection, and support.
Which Shoes is the AirSport Suitable For?
When wearing the Aircast AirSport, we would recommend wearing shoes that have a loose design. It is also best to avoid boots and high-topped shoes if possible to ensure the highest level of comfort in wear. Please note that unless your shoes are extremely tight, you will not need to buy a bigger pair of shoes to accommodate the brace.
What's the Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace Made Of?
The Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace is made from foam-filled aircells, with semi-rigid plastic stays either side of the aircells for added protection. These aircells add padding to the insides of the anatomically shaped stays, improving support without compromise to comfort. Additionally, there is a fabric coating on the brace to improve durability.
How Do I Clean the AirSport Ankle Brace?
The entire brace can be wiped down with lukewarm water and a mild soap. It should then be air dried; do not tumble dry.
How Long Have Aircast Been Creating Quality Supports?
We know how important it is for you to use products from trustworthy brands, and this is particularly true when considering your health and wellbeing. Aircast have been making technical breakthroughs and providing medical professionals worldwide with reliable products for more than 30 years. We consider their ankle braces to be some of the most popular and trusted ankle braces we sell; take a look at our customers’ reviews at the bottom of this page to see why!
Which Other Braces Are Available?
If you are in the first or third stage of recovery following an ankle injury, we recommend checking out the AirSport A60 Ankle Support.