Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace
If you have poor foot alignment, this in turn can cause stress on your ankles, leading to pain and potential injury. Offering support in addition to pain relieving compression, the Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace can help stabilise your ankle while improving your foot posture. As a result, regularly wearing the brace can yield long term benefits for you overall posture and comfort.
How Can the Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace Improve My Foot Posture?
Over time, poor foot posture can lead to all kinds of health issues including pain, swelling and potentially chronic conditions affecting your feet or ankles. The following features and benefits of the Aircast AirSport Brace can facilitate a speedy recovery from such conditions, while correcting your foot and ankle alignment to prevent issues from re-developing:
- ATF Cross Strap: The ATF cross strap provides compression to relieve pain and stabilisation to prevent further injury
- Foam-Filled Aircells: Foam-filled aircell technology is specially designed to reduce swelling
- Forefoot and Shin Wraps: The integral forefoot and shin wraps provide additional compression and stabilisation to relieve pain and correct foot posture
- Semi-Rigid Shell: The semi-rigid shell supports and protects the ankle from inversion and eversion, helping to keep the joints in a healthy position, and to protect the ankle while it recovers
- Step-In Design: The 'step-in' design, allowing you to step in, strap up, and go about your day, allows you to wear the brace with ease, ideal for quick and effective use
What Conditions Is the Aircast AirSport Brace Suitable For?
In addition to promoting good foot and ankle posture, the Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace is suitable for a range of conditions that can cause pain, discomfort, and swelling of the ankle. Suitable conditions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Poor ankle and foot posture
- Acute ankle distortion
- Chronic ankle instability
- Ligament lesion
- Mild ankle sprains
- Post-operative applications
If you are unsure about whether or not the AirSport Ankle Brace is suitable for your condition, we would advise that you speak to your doctor or another medical professional. They will be able to advise whether or not this is the right brace for your own needs.
Which Sports Can I Play While Wearing the AirSport Brace?
The AirSport Ankle Brace has a minimalistic design, and is specifically intended to keep you mobile while you recover from injuries. It can therefore be worn during a range of sports to prevent pain and keep your ankle and foot correctly aligned. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Daily activities
This is not an exhaustive list of suitable activities. If you are unsure about whether or not the AirSport Ankle Brace is suitable for your activities of choice, we would advise that you speak to your doctor or another medical professional.
Can the AirSport Brace Aid with Ankle Sprains?
The Airsport Ankle Brace can be worn to correct foot posture and protect your ankle during sports, but it is also suitable for managing mild ankle sprains.
Ankle sprains are generally categorised into one of three grades depending on their severity. The Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace is suitable for ankle sprain grades one and two, which can be identified as follows:
- Ankle Sprain Grade 1: Sore ankle with slight swelling; your ligament may be overstretched
- Ankle Sprain Grade 2: Prolonged pain and swelling; unable to bear weight on your injured ankle; some bruising from a partial ligament tear
If you feel you are suffering from one of the more severe ankle sprain grades, we would recommend you consult a doctor for a tailored recovery plan.
What Size of Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace Do I Need?
The Aircast AirSport Support is available in five different sizes, allowing you to get a more tailored fit. To find out which size you require, simply use your UK shoe size and consult the table below. If your size falls in between two shoe sizes, it is advised that you choose the next size up if you suffer from swelling.
|Size ||UK Shoe Size |
|Extra Small ||Under Size 3 |
|Small ||Sizes 3 - 5 |
|Medium ||Sizes 6 - 8 |
|Large ||Sizes 9 - 11 |
|Extra Large ||Above Size 11 |
Can I Wear the Aircast AirSport Brace On Either Foot?
The ambidextrous design of the Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace means that it can be worn on either foot. As a result, it offers great value for money as it can be reused for rehabilitation or posture correction if your suffer any foot or ankle issues later on.
How Easy Is It to Put On the Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace?
The Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace is quick and easy to put on as it features a 'step-in' design. Simply push your toes into the back of the brace, fasten the straps to fit your foot and ankle, and you'll be set to go! The heel of the support can also be adjusted according to your needs and preference.
Take a look at the video below to see just how easy it is:
Should Socks Be Worn with the AirSport Ankle Brace?
It is recommended that you wear socks underneath the AirSport Ankle Brace. This will ensure you have an optimal level of comfort, protection, and support.
Which Shoes is the AirSport Suitable For?
When wearing the Aircast AirSport, its best to opt for looser fitting shoes and to avoid high-topped shoes or boots to maintain comfort and performance. You likely won't need to buy a new pair of shoes to wear the brace however, unless they are very tight-fitting.
What's the Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace Made Of?
The Aircast AirSport Ankle Brace is made from foam-filled aircells, with semi-rigid plastic stays either side of the aircells for protection, comfort and stability. These aircells add cushioning padding to the inside of the support so your comfort is not sacrificed for support. Additionally, there is a fabric coating on the brace to improve durability.
How Do I Clean the AirSport Ankle Brace?
You can wipe every part of your brace down with mild soap and warm water before air drying. Don't use any harsh chemicals on the brace and never place it in a tumble dryer,
Who Are Aircast?
For over 30 years, Aircast supports have been used by medical professionals all around the world. We consider them one of the most reliable, high quality brands available, so you can be sure this brace is one you can trust with your health.
Key Features and Benefits of the AirSport Ankle Brace
- Features foam-filled aircells to cushion and support the foot and anjle
- Semi-rigid encased shell offers proven support for the area
- Coated fabric improves the brace's stability
- Anterior talofibular cross strap stabilises the foot and ankle
- Crafted with integrated forefoot and shin wraps for support
- Automatic heel width adjustment allows for easy application