Podotech Kidney Shaped Metatarsal Pad for Express Kits
Getting the right level of support for the right areas of your feet is highly important when it comes to looking after your feet. The Podotech Kidney Shaped Metatarsal pad for Express Kits are designed to provide additional support in the metatarsal area for those using the express insole kits.
Who Can Benefit from the Kidney Shaped Metatarsal Pads?
The Metatarsal Pads are designed for anyone using the express kits. The kidney shaped nature of these pads provides support across the whole of the metatarsal area behind your toes. The focus is on length rather than height with these pads, aiming for wide- spread relief across the whole of the foot.
Where Should These Domes Be Placed?
These Metatarsal Domes should be placed at the beginning of your arch near the forefoot. The flatter edge should be positioned just behind your metatarsal heads at the ball of your foot, with the tapered edge pointing towards your heel.
Features of the Kidney Shaped Metatarsal Pads
The metatarsal pads are available in four different sizes to ensure the right fit for your shoe. They are supplied as a pair.
The hardness of the metatarsal pads is 15 - 20 Shore A.
Podotech Toe Bars for Express Kits
A lot of components available with the Express Kits focus on correcting pronation or easing metatarsal pain. But the Podotech Toe Bars moves the focus forward in the feet to the actual toes. The bars offer support and comfort to this area of the foot.
Who Can Benefit from the Toe Bars?
The toe bar is suitable for use with the Express Kit. This means they are suitable for use for a large range of people. However, for those that suffer from painful toes or have a lot of pressure placed on this area of the foot, the toe bars are particularly useful. They elevate the toes to help distribute pressure and weight away from this area and spreading it around the whole of the foot. This reduces pain and discomfort in this area of the foot.
Features of the Toe Bars
The toe bars come as a standard size to fit all, meaning means there is no concern over finding the right size to fit your shoe type. The hardness of the toe bar is 15 - 20 Shore A.
The Podotech Toe Bars are supplied as a pair.
How Do I Correctly Fit My Bar?
Due to micro-nuances and differences in the shape and size of every persons feet, we recommend that you visit a podiatrist to have your Podotech Bar fitted.
If you are already aware of the position required, we recommend taking an adhesive strip or piece of sticky tape and pressing down until they are firmly in place.
Fitting Tips and Tricks
- Visit a podiatrist to confirm the affected area
- If you're unsure of exact placement, experiment with the position across the rough area
- If you find the perfect area, trace the outline of the bar using a marker against your insole for future reference
- Use strong adhesive strips to apply your a bar to your insoles or tape it down using a thin strip of kinesiology tape
How Does the Podotech Express Kit Work?
Alongside the recommendation and guidance of a podiatrist, the Podotech Express Kit allows you to tailor and customise a flat insole using a range of different bespoke orthotic components. To find out more, please take a look at the link below:
What Other Express Kit Orthotics Are Available?
If you're after another part for your Express Kit Insole, please see below and select from our full range:
- Kidney Shape with Centre Fitting Metatarsal Pad: provides a more extensive level of support across the whole metatarsal area.
- Toe Bar: elevates the toes to help distribute pressure and weight away from this area, spreading it around the whole of the foot.
- Central Metatarsal Pad: with a moderate rise, it helps to position the foot and provide weight distribution and relief of pressure, encouraging natural alignment of the foot.
- Metatarsal Bars for 1st and 5th Heads: especially suitable for those suffering from metatarsal pain and metatarsalgia.
- Stomach Shape Metatarsal Pad: provides support across the whole width of the foot, running below all of the toes to provide a consistent amount of support to the whole area.
- Metatarsal Bar: reduces pressure and helps to minimise the pain caused by the pressure on the metatarsal area of the foot.
- Cobra Pad: particularly suitable for people suffering from fore-foot and rear-foot pronation.