DuraSoft Foot and Ankle Ice Pack Wrap
The DuraSoft Foot and Ankle Ice Pack Wrap has two ice inserts which provide continuous cold or hot therapy to the foot and ankle area. This ice pack wrap helps to reduce ankle and foot pain and swelling, and together with an ankle instability insole, can provide a formidable ankle rehabilitation force.
This dynamic wrap provides effective cryotherapy which can reduce pain and swelling and can also facilitate faster rehabilitation. All DuraSoft Ice Pack Wraps can effectively penetrate surgical dressings to decrease pain, swelling and secondary hypoxic tissue injury.
Who Can Benefit from the DuraSoft Foot and Ankle Ice Pack Wrap?
The DuraSoft Foot and Ankle Ice Pack Wrap does "exactly what it says on the tin", and can help anyone looking to speed up their ankle recovery. Simply freeze the ice pack inserts, insert them into the ice pack wrap, and wrap around the ankle securing with the elasticated straps. The ice inserts of the foot and ankle ice pack wrap are constructed from gel cells that freeze.
As the gel cells are separated within the ice pack itself, rather than the ice pack being a solid slab of ice when frozen, you are able to bend and shape the ice inserts around the ankle as required to provide superior contact with the leg. For effective heat therapy, the inserts can also be warmed, making this wrap highly versatile.
Features and Benefits of the DuraSoft Foot and Ankle Ice Pack Wrap
- Can be used hot or cold
- One universal adjustable size
- Fits both left and right ankles
- Complete with ice inserts
Instructions for use of the DuraSoft Foot and Ankle Ice Pack Wrap
- Place gel inserts in the re-sealable bag and place in the freezer until the gel inserts are frozen solid.
- Remove the gel inserts form the re-sealable bag when frozen and place the inserts into the wrap.
- Apply wrap to area of treatment by attaching hook or Velcro fastener to outer wrap fabric. The straps should be applied with enough stretch to keep wrap in place and provide desired compression.
- The wrap can be hand washed and air dried and gel inserts can be cleaned with water, a moist towel or sponge.
- The gel inserts can also be used to provide heat therapy. Place the gel inserts in a deep pan and run hot tap water into the pan until inserts are covered. Keep the inserts immersed for 3-5 minutes, do not use tap water that is too hot to the touch, dry the gel inserts and apply as above.