Darco WCS Wound Care Shoes
Having a foot operation or wounds on your feet can be difficult and painful to deal with. However, foot wounds can be fairly common, especially among those who suffer from diabetes. The Darco WCS Wound Care Shoes are suitable for treating Wagner Grade 3 and greater ulcerations. They are sold in a pair to eliminate discrepancies in shoe height, and are suitable for the long-term treatment of wounds and ulcerations.
Who Can Benefit from the Wound Care Shoes?
The WCS Wound Care Shoes have been designed to remove the pressure you feel from the plantar aspect of the foot. The shoes can be used for the following conditions:
- To treat ulcerations of Wagner Grade 3 or greater
- Bony prominences
- Long-term treatment of open wounds and ulcerations
- Foot operations
Features and Benefits of the Darco WCS Wound Care Shoes
- Pair of shoes for treating Wagner Grade 3 and greater ulcerations
- Also suitable for bony prominences, diabetic care, and long-term treatment
- Four multi-density insoles can be modified to remove pressure from the plantar aspect of the foot
- Allows for precisely-targeted post-operative off-loading
- Ultra-soft Plastazote lining provides a virtually friction-free contact surface
- Surface doesn't exacerbate existing wounds
- Genuine leather upper can be modified or cut away for customised pressure relief
- Sold in pairs to eliminate discrepancies in shoe height and the potential associated hip and knee pain
Provides Best Possible Care
The WCS Shoes have been designed to ensure that the best possible care and treatment can be received to encourage pain relief and the healing of wounds and ulcerations. The ultra-soft Plastazote lining provides a virtually friction-free contact surface that won't exacerbate existing wounds, crucial to ensuring effective wound healing.
Sold in Pairs
The Wound Care Shoes are sold in pairs, so they are ideal for treating ulcerations and wounds that affect either one or both feet at the same time. Providing them in a pair will also eliminate discrepancies in shoe height, as well as the associated hip and knee pain that could otherwise occur.
The Darco WCS Wound Care Shoes are available in a choice of sizes to ensure that the most supportive and beneficial fit can be received. The sizes are based on UK shoe sizes, and these are highlighted in the table below. The size(s) required can be selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
|Size ||UK Shoe Size |
|Extra Small ||UK Size 4 - 5 |
|Small ||UK Size 6 - 7 |
|Medium ||UK Size 8 - 9 |
|Large ||UK Size 10 - 11 |
|Extra Large ||UK Size 11 - 12 |
|XX-Large ||UK Size 13+ |