Darco Body Armour Embrace Ankle Brace
Playing sports can increase your risk of sustaining an ankle injury. As such, it's important to keep the area protected so you don't fall behind in your training. The Darco Body Armour Embrace Ankle Brace is specifically designed for active sportspeople to provide them with acute trauma care and rehabilitation.
Who Can Benefit from the Embrace Ankle Brace?
From footballers to sprinters, active sportspeople are prone to ankle injuries. The Embrace Ankle Brace can help prevent trauma to the joint or rehabilitate it if you've already suffered from an injury in the area. The brace can help with a number of conditions, including:
- Distortion trauma of the upper ankle joint
- Conservative ankle rehabilitation
- Insufficiencies of the upper ankle joint and capsule-ligament complex
- Post-operative protection after ligament suturing
Features and Benefits of the Body Armour Embrace Ankle Brace
- Prevents traumas and aids recovery
- Available in three different sizes
- Prevents supination and pronation of the ankle
- Prevents prolapse of the talus
- Protects the anterior talofibular ligament
- Compresses the mortise
- Prevents chronic instability
- Proven easy-to-use Velcro Y-closure system
- Ideal for sportspeople
Compression is integral when you need to support the ankle. Embrace Ankle Brace's distal strap provides circular compression of the melleoli while the proximal strap provides additional compression. Both straps can be cut individually to the correct length.
Prevents Joint Injuries
The parallel joints of the Body Armour Brace allow an easy and aligned dorsal extension and plantar flexion of the upper ankle. Strong polypropylene shells prevent inversion and eversion movement.
The lower strap from distal/lateral to dorsal/proximal prevents the shift of the talus and protects the ligamentum fibulotalare anterius. This is unique for hinged ankle braces and supports joint injury prevention in active sports.
Sizing of the Embrace Ankle Brace
The Ankle Brace is available in three different sizes:
|Brace Size ||UK Shoe Size ||EU Shoe Size |
|Small ||Size 2.5 - 5.5 ||Size 35 - 39 |
|Medium ||Size 6.5 - 9.5 ||Size 40 - 44 |
|Large ||Size 10.5 - 13.5 ||Size 45 - 49 |