Darco All Purpose Boot
After surgery or injury, it's vital that feet are well protected to guard against re-aggravation of the affected area. The Darco All Purpose Boot is a post-operative shoe that provides all-season protection with a closed-toe design. This allows dressings to be kept clean and toes dry, with an ability to accommodate bulky dressings and fibreglass casts.
Who Can Benefit from the All Purpose Boot?
Designed for those who have recently had a foot operation or suffered a foot injury, the Darco Boot helps protect and support the area while it heals. The boot can help support healing of most conditions that have been operated on, including:
- Hallux valgus
- Bone fractures that have healed crookedly
Features and Benefits of the Darco All Purpose Boot
- Removable EVA insole makes this boot fully customisable
- Compatible with the Darco Peg Assist Insole for extra pressure relief
- The rocker bottom encourages a smooth roll throughout the gait pattern
- Rocker bottom and padded insole reduce pressure on the heel and forefoot
- Metatarsal shank construction provides a reinforced sole under the metatarsal heads
- Strapless forefoot closure provides uniform security without the pressure of buckles or straps
- Zoned outsole with aggressive tread to increase traction
- Square design acts as a bumper for toes and provides universal left/right fit
- Ankle strap seats foot firmly to reduce slippage and eliminate friction
Reduced Plantar Pressure
The padded, protective design of this boot allows it to reduce plantar pressure on the forefoot and heel by up to 25%. The original insole provided features twice the padding of standard insoles, making it highly protective and comfortable right out of the box. To increase support and rigidity, a unique Metatarsal Shank is fitted under the MP joints of the forefoot.
Peg Assist Compatibility
The Darco All Purpose Boot features a fully removable insole that can be replaced with a Darco Peg Assist Insole for additional pressure relief for problem areas of the foot. This allows for extra comfort on top of the high levels of protection provided by the boot alone.
Secure and Protective
When it comes to post-operative footwear, security and slip-resistance are key. That's why this boot has been made with a square toe, acting as a bumper for the toes when K-wires are present. An ankle strap ensures the foot is firmly in position without slippage and friction, while a removable forefoot closure provides security and eliminates buckle pressure. Finally, to increase traction a zoned outsole with an aggressive tread is fitted to the bottom of the boot.
Sizing of the Darco All Purpose Boot
The Darco All Purpose Boots are sold as single items and are available in five sizes. Please select the relevant size from the table below.
|Darco All Purpose Boot Size ||UK Shoe Size |
|Extra Small ||Size 3 - 4.5 |
|Small ||Size 5 - 6.5 |
|Medium ||Size 7 - 8 |
|Large ||Size 8.5 - 10 |
|Extra Large ||Size 10.5 - 12 |
If you fall between sizes, we would advise you to select the larger size.
The dimensions of the All Purpose boot at its longest and widest points are:
|Sizes ||Length (mm) ||Width (mm) |
|Extra Small ||230mm ||90mm |
|Small ||255mm ||100mm |
|Medium ||270mm ||110mm |
|Large ||285mm ||115mm |
|Extra Large ||305mm ||125mm |