Boxia Plus Drop Foot AFO Brace
For those suffering from drop foot, even small everyday obstacles like pavements can pose a risk. Featuring relief points that massage the most sensitive areas of the foot, a smart design that evenly distributes pressure and easy one-handed application, you can walk confidently and safely with a Boxia Plus Drop Foot AFO Brace. This updated version of the industry leading Boxia Drop Foot AFO Brace boasts a higher level of gel padding for an even more comfortable and contoured fit.
- 1 x Drop Foot Brace
- 1 x Traction Band
- 1 x Anti-Slip Hook
- 8 x S-Shaped Hooks
Key Features and Benefits of Boxia Plus Drop Foot Splint
- Greatly reduces risk of tripping while walking with drop foot
- Easy to fit with one hand
- Lightweight and comfortable build
- Back pad cushions Achilles tendon and provides maximum pressure distribution
- Relief points massage the sensitive areas of the foot
- Adjustable central anchoring system at the ankle perimeter for a customised fit
- Anti-slip hook securely fastens the brace to prevent unwanted movement
Who Can Benefit From The Boxia Plus AFO Brace?
With supportive cushioning, lightweight material and a smart, pressure relieving design, the Boxia Plus AFO Brace is suitable for a number of conditions including but not limited to:
- Drop foot
- Cerebral palsy
- Musculature weakness
- Tendon shortening
- Unstable balance or poor coordination
- Dysfunctional gait
- Dorsiflexion weakness
- Post-operation or post-trauma
- Mild-tonal plantarflexion
How Does the Boxia Plus Drop Foot AFO Brace Work?
The Boxia Plus Brace helps to elevate the front of the foot, making clearance easier and more seamless during the swing phase of your gait. For those with reduced mobility, this makes walking much easier and reduces the risk of tripping over everyday obstacles like carpets, pavements and any uneven surfaces. The Boxia Plus works with your natural gait pattern by allowing standard ankle movement when landing on your foot.
The Boxia Plus Ankle Brace consists of two separate components: a strap that comfortably wraps around your foot above the ankle and a non-slip hook that is secured between your shoe's tongue and laces. These sections are connected by an elastic strap which provides a customised adjustment level of dorsiflexion (foot-lift). The ankle strap has gel padding for increased comfort and support around the Achilles.
Even More Padded Comfort
The Boxia Plus is the upgraded version of the Boxia Drop Foot AFO Brace. This new version features more contoured padding for an even more comfortable fit, perfect for sustained, all-day use. While the new version improves comfort, it does not sacrifice the lightweight and sturdy build of the original Boxia.
Sizing of the Boxia Plus Splint
The Boxia Plus Splint is available in three sizes that should suit most users. To find your ideal fit, please measure the ankle circumference just above the ankle bone, then consult the table below:
|Size ||Ankle Circ. |
|1 ||14 - 20cm |
|2 ||20 - 26cm |
|3 ||26 - 32cm |
How Do I Put On the Boxia Plus?
The Boxia Plus includes detailed instructions to help you get the most benefit from it, but below is a simple application guide:
- Place the gel pad of the brace above the back of your ankle
- Fasten it around your leg and pull the straps securely
- Make sure the traction ring is sticking out through the gap in the brace
- Using S-Shaped hooks, secure the traction band to your laces
- Lead both ends of the traction band from your laces, through the tension ring
- Fasten them around the Boxia Plus Brace and you're ready to go
Fit With Only One Hand!
The Boxia Plus is specially designed so that it can be fit with one hand. Not only is this convenient, but also hugely beneficial for those with limited mobility. The Boxia Plus helps with patient independence and autonomy.
What Is the Difference Between the Plus and Standard Models?
The Boxia Plus AFO Foot Brace is an upgraded version of the standard Boxia AFO. They key difference between these models is that the plus can be put on with one hand, and features some additional padding.