Formthotics Junior Insoles
Formthotics Junior Insoles are soft, flexible foot orthoses, especially developed for children. They are designed to help the child's foot stay in its natural shape and posture inside the shoes, to enhance the development of the child's musculoskeletal system.
The most effective foot orthoses is the one that kids will wear. So with patient compliance in mind these Formthotics utilise some special features to provide gentle forgiving support and comfort. Each pair of Formthotics Junior Insoles also contains a fun colouring book.
Features of the Formthotics Junior Insoles
- Junior Medial Heel Skive – The medial heel skive carefully increases the force the orthosis applies to the foot medial to the subtalar joint axis, reducing rearfoot eversion. This helps to manage rearfoot pronation without the need for excessive arch height in the orthosis, increasing patient compliance.
- Junior Heel Cup – The medial heel wedge carefully increases the force the orthosis applies to the foot medial to the subtalar joint axis, reducing rearfoot eversion.
- Deep Heel Cup – The deep heel cup increases the medial surface area of the orthoses next to the foot, making the heel wedges even more effective. The heel cup is also designed to wrap around the back of the foot providing additional rearfoot stability.
- Wide Medial Flange – The wide flange cradles the child’s medial arch, providing long-term comfort and reducing fatigue by redistributing weight and pressure evenly.
- Design – Three Quarter Length Design fits into most types of shoes.
Who Can Benefit From Wearing the Formthotics Junior Insoles?
Children aged 3-9 years old could benefit from wearing these insoles if they over pronate excessively or have hypermobility in the feet. Patients should seek medical advice from a foot specialist before wearing these insoles.
We recommend seeking medical advice before wearing these insoles.
Sizing of the Junior Formthotics Insoles
Junior Formthotics are available in four sizes to suit children from around 3 to 9 years of age. They are suitable for use where careful management of the hypermobile or excessively pronated foot, encouragement of normal development and foot function is required in treatment of paediatric patients.
|UK SIze||8 - 9|| 10 - 11.5||12 - 13.5||1 - 2|
|Foot Length||150 - 165mm||170 - 180mm||185 - 195mm||200 - 210mm|
|Approximate Age (Girls)||3 - 4||4 - 5||6 - 7||8 -9|
|Approximate Age (Boys)||3 - 3.5||4 - 5||5.5 - 7||7.5 - 8|
How to Clean Formthotics Insoles
To clean the Formthotics simply wash in cool water with mild detergent. If you would like to freshen up your insoles simply sprinkle baking powder onto the sole of the insole, leave for 15 minutes then brush or vacuum off excess baking powder, odours should now be gone.