Darco Relief Dual Off-Loading Shoe
You can feel at your most vulnerable after a foot operation, especially if you aren't using a support to move around. The Darco Relief Off-Loading Shoe provides a balance of stability and pressure reduction on the foot following surgery. It absorbs shock and off-loads weight to effectively assist with post-operative treatment.
Who Can Benefit from the Dual Off-Loading Shoe?
Wearing off-loading shoes can help aid the healing process after a foot operation. As the wide opening of the shoe can accommodate bulkier dressings, it is also practical following surgery where the foot needs to be bound in dressings. This helps to ensure the foot can remain as supported as possible while the affected area heals.
Conditions that the shoe can help with include:
- Hallux valgus
- Bone fractures that have healed crookedly
- Diabetic ulcers
Key Features of the Darco Relief Dual Off-Loading Shoe
- Provides a balance of stability and pressure reduction following foot operations
- Ideal for wearing after osteotomy procedures to treat conditions (e.g. hallux valgus)
- Dual sole combines EVA shock absorption with anti-slip features of rubber
- Rigid shank across the entire sole area to maximise pressure redistribution
- Immobilises first and fifth metatarsophalangeal (MTP) joints and first and fifth distal interphalangeal (DIP) joints
- Compatible with a range of insoles for more bespoke and enhanced care
- Lightweight breathable upper with an easy entry and sole access
- Wide opening to accommodate bulkier dressings
How Does It Work?
A dual sole provides optimal support, featuring EVA shock absorption alongside an anti-slip feature. Any pressure placed underfoot can be distributed away from the painful area to minimise the risk of further damage during healing.
The shoe also features a rigid shank across the entire sole area to maximise the pressure redistribution. This immobilises the first and fifth MTP and DIP joints for optimum support. With a breathable upper section and an ease of application, the shoe offers comfortable and reliable shock absorption and pressure distribution.
The Darco Relief Dual Off-Loading Shoe can be worn on the right or the left foot, and is available in a choice of sizes. The sizes are based on UK and EU shoe sizes, as outlined in the table below. The required size(s) can be selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
|Size ||UK Shoe Size ||EU Shoe Size |
|Women's Small ||Up to Size 3.5 ||Size 34 - 36.5 |
|Women's Medium ||Size 4 - 5 ||Size 37 - 38.5 |
|Women's Large ||Size 5.5 - 7 ||Size 39 - 41 |
|Men's Small ||Size 5.5 - 7 ||Size 39 - 41 |
|Men's Medium ||Size 7.5 - 9 ||Size 41.5 - 43 |
|Men's Large ||Size 9.5 - 10.5 ||Size 43.5 - 45 |
|Men's Extra Large ||Size 10.5 - 13 ||Size 45 - 48 |